Instructions to perform the Apanasana are as follows:
- Lie on your back and bend your knees towards your chest.
- Place your hands on your knees and clasp them around your body.
- Straighten your back and rock forward and backward to give your spine a gentle massage. Keep your lower back and head glued to the mat. Move your shoulders away from your ears.
- Now, pull your knees towards your chest when you exhale and release the knees, when inhaling. The breathing should be smooth.
Perform it for 1 minute.
- Stretches and revitalizes the back and spine.
- It reduces stress in the muscles of the body.
- Also massage organs in the abdomen.
- Improves digestion and aerophagia.
- Prevents constipation.
Do not perform this asana if you have the following injuries or ailments;
- If you are recovering from hernia
- Knee, hip ,spine injury
- If you are pregnant
[ YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN : How to do Rotated Triangle Pose ]
Knees To Chest – Apanasana
[ FIND OUT WHAT IS BETTER TO KEEP YOU HEALTHY…YOGA OR GYM ? ]